Walter Godlewski is a Partner in CTSW’s Corporate Department. Since 1993 his practice has focused on corporate finance, securities law and general corporate matters. He is involved in a range of financing transactions, including public and private/144A offerings of debt (secured, unsecured, convertible, and medium-term note programs), equity and hybrid securities (including target stock and periodic equity “at-the-market” issuance programs), tax-exempt bond offerings project finance transactions, and bank lending transactions representing borrowers.
Walter also counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and exchange and tender offers and advises public companies with respect to their securities law registration and disclosure and compliance obligations, corporate governance matters and regulatory compliance with respect to Sarbanes-Oxley, Securities and Exchange Commission and stock exchange requirements.
He has extensive experience in the energy sector representing investor-owned utilities and underwriters in securities offerings, as well as clients in the acquisition of, and investment in, utility companies, coal-fired and renewable generation assets and ethanol facilities.
Walter has also negotiated services, supply, licensing, and related agreements for pharmaceutical companies.
Walter began his career at Reid & Priest LLP, the predecessor firm to Thelen LLP, where he was a partner in the business and finance department, and subsequently was a partner at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Represented a regulated energy company in negotiating a $400 million revolving credit agreement with a letter of credit sublimit and accordion feature.
- Represented a diversified natural resources company in establishing a 7,500,000 share at-the-market equity insurance program.
- Represented several natural gas distributed companies in the private placement of $100 million of unsecured notes.
- Represented a diversified natural resources company in negotiating a $500 million revolving credit agreement with a letter of credit sublimit and accordion feature.
- Represented a regulated energy company in the private placement of secured first mortgage bonds.
- Represented a joint venture project in negotiating a $75 million term loan agreement.
- Represented a gas pipeline company in the private placement of $25 million of unsecured notes.
- Represented an energy holding company in negotiating a $75 million bridge loan agreement.
- Represented a regulated energy company in negotiating a $25 million letter of credit agreement.
- Represented exchange-listed public companies in preparing registration statements and Exchange Act reports, negotiating SEC comment letters, and drafting corporate policies and monitoring corporate governance matters.